Come and join our awarding winning Engineering team!
Rochdale Training has been providing Apprenticeship training for employers and learners since 1966. Recently rated GOOD in all areas by Ofsted, we are proud of our strong relationships with employers who offer Apprenticeship and work placements across Greater Manchester.
We are looking to recruit an HNC Engineering Tutor for our engineering workshop in Rochdale.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To teach and assess HNC Manufacturing learners. To guide them through their chosen programme and provide additional support where required. To research, design and deliver HNC to learners.
Full Vacancy Description:
- To complete a full learner induction to the programme of study, ensuring learners fully understand the assessment process, timescales and deadlines
- To teach and develop the skills of all learners following Pearson's guidance.
- To carry out research and update the curriculum as required in line with the Pearson qualification specification.
- To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- To participate in the development, administration and marking of assignments or assessments, including giving constructive feedback and areas for development.
- To attend and participate in EQA, moderation and Assessment Board meetings when required.
- To provide pastoral care and support to students including additional support when required.
- To contribute to departmental working groups or committees as requested.
- To give accurate information, advice and guidance to students regarding the next steps and their development
- To maintain own continuing professional development.
- To actively follow and promote Rochdale Training policies, including Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding and malpractice.
- To keep all records up to date and maintain confidentiality
- To communicate weekly with the department manager regarding the progress and attendance of HNC students.
- To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations.
Knowledge and Experience:
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent.
- A strong knowledge of the subject area being delivered.
- Ideally someone who has a manufacturing / mechanical background.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Teaching Qualification
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Membership in a relevant professional organisation
- Curriculum design.
- Pastoral care of students.
- Commitment to academic research
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Progression of learners to achieve their course
- Update and report to line manager ongoing and at team meetings
- Maintain all documentation
- Maintain quality assessment processes
- Give a positive/professional image of Rochdale Training and maintain good customer service
You will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days annual leave per year (including bank holidays)
- Auto-enrolled pension scheme
- Life Assurance at two times your annual salary rate
- Access to a suite of learning and development opportunities
One day per week, Fridays.
£30 per hour.
To apply please contact email@example.com or for an informal chat call Rachel Yates at 01706 631417.