Our Functional Skills courses have been developed to help gain essential skills in Maths and English. As nationally recognised alternatives to GCSEs, these courses focus on developing practical and functional Maths and English skills which can be applied to everyday life both at work and at home. Functional skills are fundamental, applied skills in English, mathematics, and information and communication technology (ICT) which help people to gain the most from life, learning, and work.
Each of our courses follows a Scheme of Learning covering each topic in detail, with structured professional delivery. This will enable the learner to develop to their full potential and beyond.
Before the start of the course, you will need to complete an Initial Assessment to establish the level you are currently working at. This will help your tutor assess your individual needs and ensure that you will have the correct support. You will then complete a more in-depth assessment called a diagnostic to highlight the areas/skills you need to develop.
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills English Level 2
- Functional Skills maths Level 1
- Functional Skills maths Level 2
- Essential Digital Skills / ICT
- Achieve a nationally recognised qualification
- Develop knowledge to progress into your chosen career
- One-to-one support from the tutors and mentor at Rochdale Training
- Benefits will not be affected
- Candidates must be 19+
- Candidates must be a Greater Manchester Resident
- You must be committed for the full duration of the course
- Not already enrolled on any other funded course
- 12 Week courses delivered by Functional Skills experts
- Choice of classroom and remote sessions
- All resources provided.
- Ongoing constructive feedback.
- Dedicated Functional Skills support
- Specific exam preparation
- Upon completion of this course, candidates will be supported to apply for full-time Apprenticeship roles which are available.
How to apply
We are currently taking interest in our waiting list to be signed up in the summer, if you are interested in being added to the waiting list please email email@example.com or call 01706 631417.