Come and join a successful Functional Skills Department!
Rochdale Training has been providing Apprenticeship training for employers and learners since 1966. Recently rated GOOD in all areas by Ofsted, we are proud of our strong relationships with employers who offer Apprenticeship, Functional Skills, and work placements across Greater Manchester.
We have recently been awarded grant funding for this exciting new role to support learners finding functional skills and maths difficult up to level 2. You will be required to deliver themed maths workshops in a classroom or 1:1, either at Rochdale Training or at the employer premises.
- To deliver Functional Skills in maths following a blended learning SOW to learners who are struggling to achieve functional skills up to level 2
- To deliver outside normal working hours, when required
- To deliver in the classroom and on the employer premises, as required
- To be responsible for a caseload of functional skills learners from allocation through to completion
- To work with the Quality Department to improve the delivery of Functional Skills for both the standalone and apprenticeship provision
- To keep documents up to date and maintain confidentiality
- To complete Awarding Body documentation, registration and certification when required
- To complete registers and to report absences
- To encourage and motivate the learners and to build confidence in the subject area
- To promote Equality and Diversity
- To be committed to the safeguarding/prevention and welfare of all learners
- To share Functional Skills resources with training staff
- To attend staff training
- Use the e-portfolio system, where appropriate, and contribute to Rochdale Training’s VLE
- To promote and encourage increased usage of Century by staff and learners.
We are looking for someone who is great with people and has experience delivering Functional Skills up to level 2 to adult learners.
Other requirements include:
- CertEd Qualification (essential)
- Degree in Mathematics (essential)
- Experience in delivering Functional Skills maths up to level 2(essential)
- Experience working with adult learners (essential)
- Experience of working with learners with barriers to maths (desirable)
- Experience in working with special educational needs (desirable)
- Experience of working with hard-to-reach groups
- Good communication skills at all levels
You will have access to the following benefits:
- Salary of £30,000
- 33 days annual leave per year (including bank holidays)
- Company Christmas closure
- Auto-enrolled pension scheme
- Life Assurance at 2 times your annual salary rate
- Access to a suite of learning and development opportunities
- Resource Development Days twice a year