Come and join a successful Apprenticeship team!
Rochdale Training has been providing Apprenticeship training for employers and learners since 1966. Recently rated GOOD in all areas by Ofsted, we are proud of our strong relationships with employers who offer Apprenticeships, Functional Skills, and work placements across Greater Manchester.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our existing health and social care team. You are required to plan and deliver Apprenticeship Standards within the health and social care sector through managing a caseload of learners.
Full Vacancy Description:
- To analyse the learner’s competence through a robust and effective Initial Assessment process, including giving initial advice and guidance.
- Deliver a thorough learner induction for all learners – appeals procedure; standards required; internal and external quality assurance, EPA, equal opportunity, and H&S.
- Ensure learners fully understand the assessment process, timescales, and deadlines, including end point assessment to encourage timely achievement.
- Be able to develop, plan and update schemes of work, lesson plans, resources and off the job training.
- To deliver workshops throughout the programme and deliver one to one training as required.
- Produce an individualised training plan in conjunction with the employer and record monthly activity on OneFile.
- Set and agree assessment plans – evidence collection integrating/delivering functional skills where appropriate and agreeing time scales that meet company procedures.
- Assess skills and behaviours using appropriate assessment methods in line with a scheme of work.
- Teach and assess knowledge through teaching and learning.
- Assist in the co-ordination of learners’ exams.
- Prepare and support learners in readiness for their end point assessment through regular support and mock assessments.
- Have accountability and ownership for your own caseload and report any concerns to your line manager at the earliest opportunity to allow early intervention.
- Identify, implement and review intervention plans to maintain retention and timely submission to EPA Gateway.
- Provide learners with effective career education IAG throughout the programme and during an exit interview. To track destinations for up to 6 months after course completion.
- Carry out 10 weekly reviews with learners and employers either in person or remote.
- Respond to feedback from IQA’s and other external agencies to further develop the curriculum.
- Ensure CPD is updated and maintained and attend at least two Standardisation meetings per year for each qualification you deliver.
- Work closely with the quality department to ensure documentation is compliant with internal and funding rule requirements.
- Keep all records up to date in a timely manner and maintain confidentiality.
- Promote Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values, Online Safety and Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- Assessor qualification, or an equivalent (Essential)
- Teaching qualification, or an equivalent (Essential)
- Occupational competence in qualification(s) to be assessed (Essential)
- At least a NVQ L3 or equivalent in the relevant sector (Essential)
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills (Essential)
- Experience of Apprenticeship Standards (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of teaching, learning assessment processes (Essential)
- Good communication skills at all levels (Essential)
- Experience of working with young people/adults (Essential)
- To be committed to the safeguarding/prevent and welfare of all learners (Essential)
Hours Per Week:
Monday to Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
£24,000 - £26,250
You will have access to the following benefits:
- 33 days annual leave per year (including bank holidays)
- Auto-enrolled pension scheme
- Life Assurance at 2 times your annual salary rate
- Access to a suite of learning and development opportunities
- Annual industrial CPD
For a job specification and application form please email email@example.com
For an informal discussion, contact Vicki Spencer at 01706 631417.
For more information call 01706 631417