Rochdale Training are providers of results-focused, top quality business training for over 50 years. We work with all levels of learners and all sizes of company throughout the North West.
We are looking to recruit a Support Engineering Instructor for our Engineering workshop.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To support the section Instructors and instruct learners in various engineering departments in order to develop their skills and knowledge
Full Vacancy Description:
- To supervise and train learners in all aspects of engineering to achieve the required units within the Engineering Standards qualification.
- To support with the teaching of specialist units within Engineering.
- To encourage the learners until they are 100% confident in every task which is required
- To promote Equality and Diversity and British Values.
- To be committed to the safeguarding/prevent and welfare of all learners
- Maintain and develop innovative training materials and methods.
- Embed Functional Skills.
Knowledge and Experience:
Engineering Apprenticeship preferred but not essential.
Up to min Level 2 engineering experience in at least one of the following areas: Hand Fitting, Mechanical Maintenance, Electrical Maintenance & Installation, Fabrication, Welding (MIG, TIG or MMA)
Full-time role, 39 hours a week. Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Friday, 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
Can be a part-time role.
£21,131 per annum.
Complexity and Creativity:
To help the Engineering Instructors establish and support a working system for the learners.
To support learners to achieve NVQ Level 2 & 3 successfully. This includes extra exercises to stretch and challenge so the learners can become more confident and knowledgeable while working towards their assessment jobs. Working with the engineering team to develop resources. Embed the delivery of maths and English skills through engineering tasks.
All learners within their department and supervisory duties throughout the workshop.
Maintain plant & machinery where practicable
You will have access to the following benefits:
- 33 days annual leave per year (including bank holidays)
- Auto-enrolled pension scheme
- Life Assurance at 2 times your annual salary rate
- Access to a suite of learning and development opportunities
- Annual industrial CPD
For a job specification and application form, please email email@example.com
For an informal discussion, contact Rachel Yates at 01706 631417.
Approximate start date ASAP 2023, subject to enhanced DBS.
For more information, call 01706 631417