Welding Skills Bootcamp - Greater Manchester
Are you aged 19+, looking for work and interested in a Career in Welding? Then join us at Rochdale Training today for our five-week fast-track course!
This training has been made possible thanks to Greater Manchester Combined Authority securing funding to deliver Skills Bootcamps, which form part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life. Skills Bootcamps are fully-funded, flexible courses, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with an employer.
This Skills Bootcamp in Welding is aimed at those looking to progress into a welding job or achieve progression into a better welding job. We are working with local employers who will be interviewing Skills Bootcamp candidates for jobs either immediately or in the near future. This 5-week Skills Bootcamp in Welding has been designed in partnership with engineering employers across Greater Manchester and is for people who wish to retrain to gain practical skills and knowledge in welding and fabrication.
- Understanding and interpreting Engineering information
- Engineering materials
- Material preparation, measuring and marking out to specification
- Shaping components using hand tools
- Metal fabrication techniques and processes
- Basic welding processes including MIG and TIG
- Safe use of power tools in a workshop environment
- H&S awareness
- Employability Skills
Training takes place - Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 9.00 am to 2.00 pm for five weeks. Candidates will be invited into an information session at Rochdale Training before being offered a place on the course.
- Guaranteed interview with an employer
- Achieve an accredited qualification
- One-to-one support from the tutor/mentor to help get a Job
- Benefits will not be affected
- All PPE is provided by Rochdale Training on a loan basis.
- Candidates must be 19+
- Candidates must be a Greater Manchester Resident
- You must be committed for the full duration of the course at Rochdale Training
- Not already enrolled on any other funded course
- Must have the right to work in the UK
Our next information session will take place on the 15th of December 2022 at 9:30 am for the course to begin on the 3rd of January 2023.
How to Apply:
Contact Nathan on 01706 631 417 or email@example.com to register your interest for our next enrolment date.