Are you an experienced Tutor/Assessor within Residential Childcare or have experience working in a Residential home for Children and Young People?
Rochdale Training has been providing training for employers and learners since 1966. We have a brand-new opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Childcare Team as a Residential Childcare Development Tutor. You’ll be joining an Ofsted Grade 2 'Good’ training provider at an exciting time of growth and expansion, in a supportive environment.
As a Residential Childcare Development Tutor, you will be delivering and facilitating teaching, training, coaching, and mentoring learners. The qualification is the diploma in Children, Young People and Families Practitioner (Residential Pathway) at Level 3.
The role will involve:
- Leading a caseload of learners to support them in achieving their qualifications with monthly teaching sessions, mainly face-to-face, with some remote delivery.
- Observing, reviewing, and providing feedback on evidence produced by learners throughout their training, to support the completion of work-based modules.
- Identifying and supporting learners with additional learning needs.
- To deliver workshops throughout the programme and deliver one-to-one training as required.
- Teach and assess knowledge/skills through teaching and learning.
- Have accountability and ownership for your own caseload and report any concerns to your line manager at the earliest opportunity to allow early intervention.
- Keep all records up to date in a timely manner and maintain confidentiality.
- Promote Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values, Online Safety and Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure, be flexible and resilient
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills
- Enthusiastic with the ambition and commitment to deliver
- Tactful and able to deal with difficult situations sensitively
- Exemplary written communication skills
- Minimum of a level 3 qualification in Residential Childcare
- 3 years experience in Residential Childcare
Highly Desirable (but not essential as full training will be offered)
- Hold an assessing qualification
- Hold a Teaching qualification e.g PTLLS, AET or equivalent
- Have experience in the delivery of Residential Childcare training at level 3
Hours Per Week:
Monday to Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
£24,000 - £26,250 (Starting salary subject to experience)
You will have access to the following benefits:
- 33 days annual leave per year (including bank holidays)
- Auto-enrolled pension scheme
- Life Assurance at 2 times your annual salary rate
- Access to a suite of learning and development opportunities
- Annual industrial CPD
For a job specification and application form, please email email@example.com
For an informal discussion, contact Vicki Spencer at 01706 631417.
Approximate start date ASAP 2023, subject to enhanced DBS.
For more information, call 01706 631417