Are you looking to get into Health and Social Care? This course will give you the knowledge and understanding of key principles and values required to work in the Adult Care Sector.
This training has been made possible thanks to the Greater Manchester Combined Authority securing funding to deliver Skills Bootcamps, which form part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life. Skills Bootcamps are fully-funded, flexible courses, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with an employer.
This Skills Bootcamp in Health and Social Care is aimed at those looking to progress into an Adult Care job or achieve progression into a better Adult Care job. We are working with local employers who will be interviewing Skills Bootcamp candidates for jobs either immediately or in the near future. This 8-week Skills Bootcamp in Health and Social Care has been designed in partnership with care employers across Greater Manchester and is for people who wish to retrain to gain practical skills and knowledge in Health and Social Care.
Days: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Teaching Timings: 9:30 am to 2:00 pm
Training Delivery: Face to Face
- Understand how duty of care contributes to safe practice and know how to address conflicts or dilemmas that may arise between an individual’s rights and the duty of care.
- Know how to respond to comments and complaints and know how to recognise and respond to adverse events, incidents, errors and near misses.
- Understand the national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse and neglect and know how to recognise signs of abuse and neglect.
- Understand ways to reduce the likelihood of abuse or neglect occurring and know how to respond to suspected or disclosed abuse and neglect.
- Know how to recognise and report unsafe practices and understand the principles of online safety.
- Understand the principles of mental capacity in adult care.
- Understand the application of the principles of mental capacity and consent.
- Understand restrictive practices.
- Achieve accredited qualifications
- One-to-one support from the tutor/mentor
- Guaranteed job interview with a local employer.
- Candidates must be 19+
- Candidates must be a Greater Manchester Resident
- You must be committed for the full duration of the course
- Not already enrolled on any other funded course
- Photo identification required
How to Apply:
Our next courses are running in January 2024.