Are you looking to become a Teaching Assistant? This course will give you the knowledge and understanding of key principles and values required to work in the Education sector.
This training has been made possible thanks to the Greater Manchester Combined Authority securing funding to deliver Skills Bootcamps, which form part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life. Skills Bootcamps are fully-funded, flexible courses, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with an employer.
This Skills Bootcamp to become a Teaching Assistant with SEND is aimed at those looking to progress into a job role in a school. We are working with local employers who will be interviewing Skills Bootcamp candidates for jobs either immediately or in the near future. This 8-week Skills Bootcamp to become a Teaching Assistant has been designed in partnership with education employers across Greater Manchester and is for people who wish to retrain to gain practical skills and knowledge to enter into a job role in a school.
Weeks: 8 Weeks
Days: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Teaching Timings: 9:30 am to 2:00 pm
Training Delivery: Face to Face
- Understand how pupils learn
- Understand how to plan and provide effective teaching and learning
- Understand Safeguarding including duty of care and the individual rights of children and factors that may impact on the outcomes and life chances of children.
- Understand the importance of early intervention for children who are vulnerable.
- Understand partnership working when children are experiencing disadvantage.
- Understand the role of the practitioner in supporting children who are vulnerable.
- Understand the influences impacting the behaviour, emotional and social development of children.
- Understand the SEN needs of children with behaviour and emotional needs.
- Achieve accredited units
- One-to-one support from the tutor/mentor
- Guaranteed job interview with a local employer.
- Candidates must be 19+
- Candidates must be a Greater Manchester Resident
- You must be committed for the full duration of the course
- Not already enrolled on any other funded course
- Photo identification required
How to apply:
For any more information relating to the Greater Manchester Skills Bootcamps at Rochdale Training, please contact Anthony Jackson at email@example.com / 01706 631 417 or 07931 135 291
Our next courses are running in January 2024.