Change Text Size
Call Us 01706 631417
Heathcot Pre-school Ltd is a day nursery which provides quality care, learning and fun, all rolled into one for young children between the ages of 2 and 5 years.
All staff at Heathcot Pre-school will strive to provide a secure caring environment where their children can access activities and experiences to ensure they develop to their full potential, and where parents/carers feel happy and confident to leave their children.
They aim to:
Provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age.
Duties and responsibilities:
To direct and support staff as agreed by the Manager.
Responsible to Management Committee and Setting Manager
• To promote the aims and objectives of the setting
• To promote the high standards of the setting to parents/carers, staff and visitors
• To assist the manager in showing parents/carers around the setting facilities and sending out information
• To ensure the setting maintains a high standard of physical and emotional care
• To lead a team of professional workers and to ensure good practice
• To assist the manager in setting and implementing objectives and policy for the setting
• To assist with the planning and organisation of staffing schedules to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained in accordance with Local Authority guidelines and setting procedures
• To assist with the implementation of administrative procedures involved with: - registration, place allocation, and other related matters
• To assist with the development and implementation of systems to monitor and record child development
• To assist with the preparation and maintenance of materials and equipment.
To be responsible for the Health and Safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children and ensuring staff compliance and awareness;
• To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are always maintained
• To ensure the setting maintains a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
• To ensure confidentiality of information received
• To assist with staff development and training
• To assist the manager in the supervision of the training of students in placement within the setting;
• Liaise with parents/carers, other family members and staff to help ensure that the needs of children are met, and that parental choice is considered in terms of care given;
• To liaise with outside agencies as required;
• Assist the manager with the efficient upkeep of the building and maintenance/stock of equipment, furnishings and fittings • Maintaining staff awareness of fire drill in accordance with the code of practice;
• To attend weekly staff / planning meetings and training sessions outside working hours;
• To oversee the planning, delivery and monitoring of the setting’s EYFS curriculum in accordance with the children’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs.
• To supervise volunteers, students on placements and work experience in the nursery.
• To supervise the children where appropriate and to protect them from dangerous or harmful situations.
• To provide a high level of care that will enhance the children’s general health and well-being.
• To act as a key person to a small group of children if needed and to ensure their needs are reflected in the planning of routines and activities.
• To be aware of children’s special educational needs and ensure staff support these children effectively.
• To keep informative, accurate and up-to-date records, including records of progress and any behavioural or developmental reports.
• To liaise regularly with parents/carers about their children’s needs, interests and progress.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the setting manager;
• To deputise for the manager in their absence.
Some experience of working with Children would be useful
Rochdale Training Association
Fishwick Street Rochdale OL16 5NA
Telephone 01706 631417